Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sound Observation Numero Uno

Mi Casa

When my house doesn't have loud party music blaring or multiple friends arguing over what fast food restaurant they should go to, I consider it to be a pretty quiet place.  As I take off my headphones and listen, I notice that it's not so serine after all.  My computer fans roar from underneath my desk like a small airplane while outside the deep rumble of the air conditioning can be heard.  Farther away, I can hear the pounding bass of a car sound system driving by.  Across the hall I hear the murmur of sports center hosts talking to an empty room.  A dog barks across the street, possibly at a passerby but hopefully at the possum residing in my attic.  All these sounds remind me why I always work with music playing.         

No comments:

Post a Comment