Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Assn 1B Response

I really enjoyed doing all of the sound recording for the first assignment.  Besides going through all of my things throughout my house to find objects that might sound cool, it was really interesting to hear the sounds after and while they were recorded.  It really made me think about all of the sounds that I hear on a daily basis such as the creak of my door, the hum of my car, or a bottle crashing into the recycling bin.  You never really seem to notice these sounds and their level of depth until you really focus on listening to them. 

Listening to all of the other groups sounds was also really fun.  Trying to figure out what object was actually making a sound was sometimes difficult.  The project definitely taught me a lot about how to go about recording sound and the difficulties associated with it.  I never been a big sound person although I have always loved music and think I am good at finding good songs to go with video.  I believe sound is a huge part of the film making process and can really make or break a great video.  After seeing some of the equipment that feature films use to record sound I can see why it is needed.  There are so many different things that can go wrong while recording sound that you might not notice at first, but could come back to haunt you later.  I will definitely give a lot more attention to sound recording and design as I continue to make films.    

No comments:

Post a Comment